Easy Homemade Salsa
I decided to start making my own salsa when I realized how much money I was spending on buying it from the grocery store - a near fortune! My family eats salsa on everything - eggs, pizza, chips, and we go through a lot. I discovered that making my own is so easy and more delicious than anything I've ever purchased from the store....so I make a big batch every Sunday!
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 5 roma tomatoes cut into chunks
- 1 26-28 ounce can or box of chopped tomatoes, drain extra juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic (I love garlic, so I use 3)
- 1-2 jalapenos, depending on how much heat you like
- ½ lime juiced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp salt
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients with the exception of the cilantro. Pulse until well chopped.
- Once you've reached the desired consistency add cilantro leaves and additional salt or lime juice as desired.
- Enjoy immediately or pour into a container and store in the fridge for up to 1 week